Friday 19 July 2013

Our first rain

On the road from Charleville to Thargomindah today via Cunnamulla we had our first decent rain. The truck didn't leak which it used to do so that made us very happy and of course the rain would have made the farmers happy so smiles all round. Cunnamulla is a pleasant little town and I took a few snaps of the main street, post office and some other interesting sites so until I learn to label my photos I will explain what they are in the blog. There are flocks of emus along the road all through this area and I tried to get a snap of some today but they are very shy. Thargominda is our last main town. May be at the Dig Tree tomorrow night and will be out of phone range for quite a few days. Just think Burke and Wills took 3 months to get to it from Melbourne and to end in such tragedy. Also included a couple of shots of setting up camp - we are getting quicker and not sick of it yet - 4 months of it may test us though!

1 comment: